Feedback on <draft-hutzler-spamops-04>

2005-07-21 06:19:57

I am an email system administrator at Silicon Graphics, Inc. In my role as email system administrator, I am one of about four people at my company who spends a large amount of time keeping email systems running and fighting spam, viruses and other email abuse. Before coming to SGI 15 months ago, I performed a similar role at AltaVista for about 4 years.

I have reviewed the draft <draft-hutzler-spamops-04>. I am very pleased to see it on track to be a BCP document.

The most notable thing this draft does for system operators such as myself is that it clarifies much of what was vague or weakly enforces by rfc2476.

Please consider the spamops draft for status as a BCP.

Thanks for your time.