Re: Meeting Locations

2005-07-21 06:05:49
I'm not sure right now about what company it was (too many planes every week
to remember something from almost 18 months ago), but I'm sure it was an
American company.

But you can be sure that I made enough noise, and it was not just me, lots
of passengers where in the same situation. Moreover, despite the regulation
that don't allow the baggage to be shipped in the plane if the passenger
isn't there, it was shipped alone !

Nobody paid also for the extra hotel night ... Neither any other expenses.

Complains afterwards didn't succeed.

They said basically "isn't our fault, is the US government fault increasing
security checks but not doing it properly, no extra people, etc. Ask them to
pay for the cost".

Funny, and the worst is that they are right legally speaking: Is the US
government fault and I'm sure that asking them for a compensation will be
like a joke, will not work or will mean you've problems with immigration
next time, or whatever.

This type of behaviors should be a clear advise with every country that do
that, to avoid doing meetings there.

Regards,
Jordi