Re: I-D ACTION:draft-narten-iana-considerations-rfc2434bis-02.txt

2005-07-23 00:49:05
Paul,

That seems like the most resonable approach to me. Are current requests
archived now?

John

-- original message --
Subject:        Re: I-D
ACTION:draft-narten-iana-considerations-rfc2434bis-02.txt
From:   Paul Hoffman <paul(_dot_)hoffman(_at_)vpnc(_dot_)org>
Date:           07/22/2005 11:03 pm

At 3:51 PM -0400 7/22/05, Bill Sommerfeld wrote:
On Fri, 2005-07-22 at 07:35, Sam Hartman wrote:
 BTW, this conversation and a side conversation with John has convinced
 me that IESG review should involve a call for comments phase.

A call for comments requires having something for the community to
comment on.

Will an internet draft will be required from folks seeking IESG review
of a proposed assignment, or will we invent yet another mechanism for
circulating a description of the proposal to the community?

It would make sense for the IESG to send to the community what was
sent to them; that way, we can judge what they are judging. If it was
a pointer to an Internet Draft, great; a pointer to some other
document(s) works just as well.

--Paul Hoffman, Director
--VPN Consortium