rejection of a document by the review panel [Re: The plenary and the nomcom-term and review panel proposals]

2005-08-09 06:26:12
John C Klensin wrote:
please note that rejection of a document by the review panel is intended to be
A Big Deal.

I don't think this is a detail, so here goes:

Today, we DISCUSS documents that have (e.g.) a substantive error
in their normative references or an unclear SHOULD that leaves an
implementer in doubt.

Very often, these are resolved in very few days and the document
gets approved before the dust has settled on the DISCUSS.

John, is it your intention that this class of issue would result in
rejection and thus be A Big Deal?

If not, who will detect these small-but-essential issues and who
will get them fixed?

   Brian