Re: Why have we gotten away from running code?

2005-08-10 09:57:42

On Aug 10, 2005, at 6:36 PM, Simon Josefsson wrote:

I think that is a good point.  A variation on that theme is that the
IETF is no longer run by people who actually implement protocols.  The
relevance and impact of the IETF on what is actually used on the
Internet is marginalized through that change of membership.  The
attitude of "That is not how we do things in the IETF" make people go
away.

Cheers,
Simon

hell o  , yes it is,

simon , all , see i am the oppossite, a i highly motivated undergraduated citizen. with no money But i learn a lot in the last 2 year only by reading lists and try to understand what the real problem is or could be. I can´t do a lot, just raise an issue
or have a meaning. But its  fantastic  to be  part of the whole thing.

just my 2 cents

marcM.

from old  germany;-P

C Wegrzyn <lists(_at_)garbagedump(_dot_)com> writes:

I think a big part of the issue is that the IETF has been taken over
little by little by corporate interests. Before it used to be for the
"love of doing it". Today it is more for "the benefit of one".

Chuck Wegrzyn

Marc Manthey wrote:

morning  experts,

(Note that I haven't implemented any IETF protocols myself, but I
did once do an implementation of a badly designed protocol.)

ahhhh, is this why you think that there is no need for any new or
old protocol at all ?
--
" The mind, once expanded to the dimensions of larger ideas, never returns to its original size."

Les Enfants Terribles
www.let.de