Re: BCPs and STDs

2005-08-19 07:09:21
Grenville,

All part of a web site that grew little by little...

That's why the tools team is taking a global look at it.

Let's see. You go

IESG Activities/Tools team and it tells you how to write to them.

   Brian

grenville armitage wrote:
Bob Braden wrote:
    [..]

The RFC series includes more than IETF standards.  We believe that
providing access to the RFCs is a natural function for the RFC
Editor... in fact, we have been doing it for 30+ years.

RFC Editor/bb

I think the problem is (and I've wondered about this oddity previously too)
that the *IETF* main website should have a *direct* link to "the RFC
search engine". The bottom link that says "RFC Editor" is not an
obvious decision path for a casual www.ietf.org user, and the main "RFC Pages" link only directly offers a lookup for people who
know the RFC number they're after. Again, not great for casual
(or can't-remember-what-RFC-had-this-word) users.

I don't think the real question is about the RFC Editor site's layout.
It's about why the IETF main page itself doesn't provide a link directly
to a/the search engine for RFCs.

cheers,
gja