Re: Last Call: 'Linklocal Multicast Name Resolution (LLMNR)' to Proposed Standard

2005-08-25 18:55:51
In The Public-Root there used to exist a domain ".local". I know at least
of one ISP who complained we did break a lot of windowed PCs.

I dont know why queries for ".local" would leave their private LANs and
reach even our root servers. They did!

That is why we set up a dummy and returned localhost, to get rid of those
bogus queries. That is what finally broke their windows and dropped our
root server traffic some 25%. :)

I don't think this has anything to do with mDNS or LLMNR.

Stuart Cheshire <cheshire(_at_)apple(_dot_)com>
 * Wizard Without Portfolio, Apple Computer, Inc.
 * www.stuartcheshire.org