Re: regarding IETF lists using mailman: nodupes considered harmful

2005-08-26 23:22:41
Joel M. Halpern wrote:

I really hate lists with "reply-to" pointing to the list.

Me too, even if it's done correctly by the author, not some
list software trying to be smart.

I know when I want to reply to the list, and when I want
to reply individually to the sender.

Dito, reading almost all lists behind a mail2news gateway I
get "reply to list" with Re:News, courtesy copy for those
who want it with Re:All, and private mail with Re:Mail.

That's what I expected until I met someone setting Reply-To
list manually...

...very embarrassing, of course I did NOT want the Re:Mail
"off list" on the list.

When reply-to points to the list, it is extremely difficult
with most mailers to send a reply to the originator.

My "astonishment factor" was worse than the small difficulty
to copy and paste From when I know that I have to be careful.

That's an old issue discussed on the 822 list many times. :-(

                              Bye, Frank