Re: I-D ACTION:draft-sanz-rfc1032-historic-00.txt

2005-08-29 11:41:55
At 19:31 28-08-2005, Harald Tveit Alvestrand wrote:
The IETF *is not in the business of* "document the contact point for problems concerning a domain". That duty is left to registry operators, who have a whole apparatus (ICANN) for making it possible to figure out how to do that. And they can ask to have such specs published as RFCs if they want to - it's been done before; examples include RFC 1875 ("UNINETT PCA Policy Statements"). But ICANN hasn't done that, so no policy related to any *current* domain administrator is on the record.

Thank you for the clarification. It is more informative than what is written in the draft.

Status UNKNOWN seems like a fine status to keep, in my opinion. Status INFORMATIONAL

That's my opinion too.

Regards,
-sm