Re: I-D ACTION:draft-sanz-rfc1032-historic-00.txt

2005-08-29 23:26:35

--On 29. august 2005 20:50 +0200 Frank Ellermann <nobody(_at_)xyzzy(_dot_)claranet(_dot_)de> wrote:

The rest, as mentioned by Harald Alverstrand, is just policy
requirments (and bad ones) which are NOT IETF business.

3912 was submitted by the IAB Chair, claiming that this isn't
IETF business is utter dubious.

just two comments on this.....

1) 3912 was published in order to make it clear that the IETF is not making policy requirements - some people had been misinterpreting the status of RFC 954 as saying that the IETF had made such policy statements.

2) I asked Leslie to finish the document (which, as the acknowledgement section says, had been started by Ran Atkinson) not because she was IAB chair at the time, but because she was the best technical contributor available to do the job at the time.

Publishing RFC 3912 is definitely IETF business. But I don't see where the "dubious" part comes in.

                Harald