Re: Last Call: 'Linklocal Multicast Name Resolution (LLMNR)' to Proposed Standard

2005-08-31 03:59:43

On Aug 31, 2005, at 2:25, Peter Dambier wrote:

Russ Allbery wrote:
Margaret Wasserman <margaret(_at_)thingmagic(_dot_)com> writes:
Other than a few minor issues that are being dealt with in a -43 update, I don't think that anyone has raised a blocking technical issue with the
LLMNR specification during this IETF LC.  If you (or anyone else) has
intended to raise a blocking technical issue, either with LLMNR itself
or with its ability to coexist with mDNS, please make that clearer to
me.

Sorry I overlooked this:

I dont count 25% of the root server traffic a minor issue.
With 90% of root server traffic used to be for localhost and with
25% of root server traffic already for local, we are looking into
a major DoS attack. This might overload ISPs DNS servers it might
even bring the root servers down if they let it free!

        i'm going to have to raise the point that Peters "root-server" system
        is his private "walled-garden" and not representative of the Internet's
        authoritative root servers.   Just for clarification.

--bill