Re: Last Call: 'Linklocal Multicast Name Resolution (LLMNR)' to Proposed Standard

2005-09-01 06:57:42
On Thu, 1 Sep 2005, Iljitsch van Beijnum wrote:

I don't understand how you can be in favor of LLMNR while at the same time
being opposed to confusion between local and global ("DNS") names. In theory,
I suppose it's possible that the information available over LLMNR and the
information available from the DNS are 100% consistent.

Is LLMNR supposed to work with RFC 3927 IPv4 link-local address
autoconfiguration? In which case it's also theoretically impossible for
LLMNR to be consistent with the DNS. (Consistency would require dynamic
DNS updates, and if they work your DHCP server should also be working, in
which case you won't have an RFC 3927 address.)

Tony.
--
f.a.n.finch  <dot(_at_)dotat(_dot_)at>  http://dotat.at/
BISCAY: WEST 5 OR 6 BECOMING VARIABLE 3 OR 4. SHOWERS AT FIRST. MODERATE OR