Re: Fw: IETF Tools

2005-09-14 16:29:46
Excellent! Many thanks for this great tool. It is already in my firefox toolbar :-).

One curious side effect might be that everyone will now know if other WGs set out to make modifications to <substitute your favorite protocol here; mine is> IPsec, and might make life in the IETF more exciting, if it not already exciting enough :-).

thanks again to the tools team,
Lakshminath

At 03:05 PM 9/14/2005, Henrik Levkowetz wrote:
Hi Lakshminath,

on 2005-09-14 22:48 Lakshminath Dondeti said the following:
> This is a great tool and I am (was) thinking that this would help identify
> contributions to WG1 that may be related to WG2 by listing both the names
> in the title.
>
> For instance, the MSEC WG has some IPSEC related documents.  For example,
> http://tools.ietf.org/wg/msec/draft-ietf-msec-ipsec-signatures.  But for
> some reason that I-D does not show up in the IPSEC page of the tools
> pages.  Perhaps it is a bug or perhaps that is so because IPSEC is
> closed.  Anyway, I am hoping we can use this to facilitate cross-wg (or
> cross-area) review.

Ah!  Good catch! :-)  For the 'related' drafts, I only considered
non-wg drafts -- but the cross-wg drafts are obviously at least as
relevant.

I've fixed the code, and both sites should be updated within an hour.

        Henrik