Re: "The IETF has difficulty solving complex problems" or alternatively Why IMS is a big fat ugly incomprehensiable protocol

2005-09-15 06:18:54
Dear Pekka,
I went through a few of your documents to better understand the basic of HIP. When I told you I prefer models: your proposition could fit my model. But if I see identification, authentication and routing matters being addressed, I see proposed changes enough to suspect that this will affect the level above (DNS) and below (IP addressing). I would suggest you try to think of simple, robust, scalable global Internet architecture which would include your proposition and permit a transparent transition. I think this is possible in what I call the "multi-Internet", I do not know if this is possible in the "mono-Internet" you refer to. Because I feel you add an intelligence on the wire?

May I suggest a test? How would you support "ISP rotation": your Elm Street person has several addresses and wants to rotate them with a defined pattern within the same relation, for example for security purposes? (you might call this a directed multi-homing?)

I note that you could also associate HI to predetermined paths as well (anti-tapping protection)?
jfc