RE: [dnsop] [dean(_at_)av8(_dot_)com: Mismanagement of the DNSOP list]

2005-09-28 18:22:31

Thomas Gal wrote:

      [..]
I hope that being too
forceful, stubborn, or persistent (NOT oblivious or ambivalent)
doesn't become justification for reprimand.

Since when have political conspiracy theories, allusions to
impending legal action and references to other people's
dating lives been admirable examples of 'forceful, stubborn,
or persistent' discourse?

I guess those first two kinds of things (my personal least favorite is the
age old "if the IETF doesn't [insert personal uber-issue here] then it shall
be doomed to irellevancy") usually end up slipping in as an adjunct to
heated converstation, hence I proposed a cooling off mechanism in another
email.

That being said references to other people's dating lives (true or not)
clearly has no way of being on topic, and definitely would make a good
example of what I mentioned could be a series of examples of innapropriate
posts. In fact even in the case of political conspiracy and impending legal
action, despite being dropped here and there, there's nothing to stop the
parties at any time from lapsing back to pointed objective discussion of the
facts. It just usually doesn't work out that way.

cheers,
gja

-Tom