Re: Anyone not in favor of a PR-Action against Jefsey Morfin

2005-10-06 00:39:48

--On torsdag, oktober 06, 2005 02:59:49 -0400 John Leslie <john(_at_)jlc(_dot_)net> wrote:

   But, much though I'd be happy to live without Jefsey's posts, I
firmly believe that the PR-Action Harald proposes is a bad tactic,
and is poorly supported. I won't go into detail on this list. (It is
turning into a Denial-of-Service attack to _this_ list: perhaps
someone could divert the discussion elsewhere?)

your wish is my command :-)

Note: This is not in ANY way, shape or form an IETF list. I've created it, I'm responsible for it, I'll shut it down if I feel like it.

But if Jefsey posts to it, I'm more likely to append his messages to the FAQ file for the list than to ban them....

(In my time as IETF chair, I was sometimes chastised for creating new mailing lists at the drop of a hat, scattering official IETF business over multiple lists that nobody ever could remember or find again. But now I'm no longer IETF chair, so what I do with mailing lists is entirely my own business. Official IETF business goes on IETF lists. This isn't one.)

(btw:
number of postings with "PR-Action" in subject over the last 30 days: 41
Number of postings with "UN plan" in subject: 57
The UN has the power :-)

                  Harald