Re: Spam in the IETF's name?

2005-10-20 03:29:33

--On torsdag, oktober 20, 2005 12:07:21 +0200 Brian E Carpenter <brc(_at_)zurich(_dot_)ibm(_dot_)com> wrote:

2) Even if it is, is mass-like mailing (rather than sending to the IETF
list, the IETF-announce list, or one-on-one personal mails) a reasonable
way to recruit people?

Well, the meeting mentioned is not an official IETF meeting to the best
of my
knowledge. But I think it's premature to call it off topic for IETF lists.

I'd call it definitely on-topic for the IETF list. It was the individualized spamming that I considered might be inappropriate.

(it turned out that the reason it was in my spam/mass-mailings folder was because it was BCCed to a somewhat relevant list I'm on, btw. If it had been marked as being to that list, I might have been less irritated....)