Re: IETF Meeting Venue Selection Criteria - accessibility

2005-10-24 21:30:47
"Harald" == Harald Tveit Alvestrand <harald(_at_)alvestrand(_dot_)no>
writes:

    Harald> "Needs to be wheelchair accessible" is reasonably well
    Harald> defined, and not too much to ask (I think).

Agreed.

    Harald> I'm not all that clear on what requirements are clear
    Harald> enough to make sense for other types of disabilities.

Nor am I.  For example I don't think we want to provide interpreters
for people who need sign language.  Similarly there would be a lot of
requirements to make a facility sufficiently accessible that I could
get around without help.  I don't think it would be a reasonable
requirement to do that: it would be expensive, it would limit facility
selection and people are sufficiently helpful that it's just not
needed.