Re: [Pesci-discuss] Growing concerns about PESCI

2005-10-25 10:35:39
The big difference is -- there is absolutely no piece of IETF
standards process that *requires* that the "design team" listen to any
of the points provided on the "-discuss" list.  There is a tacit
requirement, in that one presumes the appropriate AD will be recalled if
the result is clearly and obviously out of step with what the community
asks, but that's a high-risk negative motivation.

So, a genuine question:  is PESCI blurring lines, or does
this suggest that we have in fact given up on WGs/our process?

I think *I* have (given up on using the WG process for process evolution). I am not sure at all that *we* have.

My reasons were pretty well summarized in the Paris plenary discussions (expecting the IESG to spend significant time on process evolution, especially when proposals involving major IESG restructuring were on the table).

I have expressed some of the same concerns on PESCI-discuss that John included in his note, so I'm not saying that current-PESCI is either perfect or the only alternative.

Leslie.

Spencer