Re: from the horse's mouth

2005-10-29 09:48:45
In message <43632D40(_dot_)7090502(_at_)zurich(_dot_)ibm(_dot_)com>, Brian E
Carpenter writes:
Eduardo Mendez wrote:

What IETF discuss may hurt thir people, peace, culture.
But I am sure IETF Member do not realize this?
If they were told they would understand.

What people do with technology may have good or bad effects.
That is well understood by all technologists, I think.
But this is not the place to discus the social impact
of our technology.

I don't think I agree with that statement.  In fact, I'm fairly sure I
do not.