Thawte WOT at keysigning

2005-11-09 21:27:08
I'm going to the PGP keysigning party tonight (I had trouble finding the
instructions, but http://dl.central.org/dl/ietf-pgp/ietf64/announce-64
looks good..)

I'm also a Thawte WOT notary, so if anyone wanted to do that I can give
35 points for a sight (and prefereably a photocopy) of your
government-issued photo ID (i.e. driver's licence/passport) that matches
your (existing or soon-to-be-created)  Thawte ID.

Thawte WOT is a web of trust for S/MIME. It needs another notary to give
people enough points to get their named cert, but I thought getting
some cross-assertions done that could then be triggered later might
work to get point counts up (always a problem with WOT).

Sorry for the late late mail; I didn't think of it till a couple of days
ago and then thought I should ask Jeff if it was appropriate, seeing as
Thawte is commercial (but WOT is free).

More info: https://www.thawte.com/secure-email/web-of-trust-wot

--
Andrew Daviel, TRIUMF, Canada