Re: Please make sure that you do not run your WLAN in ad hoc mode

2005-11-12 08:39:34
On Sat, 12 Nov 2005 07:38:40 +0200
 "Romascanu, Dan \(Dan\)" <dromasca(_at_)avaya(_dot_)com> wrote:
I can ask, but I doubt that this information is available. What I know

Why on Earth wouldn't it be ? I am an IEEE member, and would not take it
kindly not to know how my dues and registration fees are spent. It's not
necessary to
get an exact number or see the contract, just get an approximate value.

Look at Ray's recent budget posts. The IETF is largely supported by
registration fees, meeting
sponsors, and ISOC. That says to me that if we want to have outsourced wireless
support (a new
charge, since this is now done by volunteers and donations), it will have to be
added to
registration fees.

It seems to me that the IETF community, since it both pays the registration
fees, and
experiences the wireless access performance, is best situated to determine
whether or not  this
should be  outsourced via a surcharge on registration fees. In order to have
this discussion
meaningfully, someone needs to get a good estimate (not necessarily a quote,
but not a guess,
either) of what it would cost.

Regards
Marshall Eubanks

is that the registration fee for the IEEE 802 Plenary meeting is
considerably lower than the one at the IETF (300 USD vs. 500 USD).

Regards,

Dan