RE: On revising 3777 as in draft-klensin-recall-rev-00

2005-11-17 04:29:53
Eric,

This discussion is appropriate on this list, that is
not my point. I would have stated "I think this is
off topic for this list" if it were.

I am just so frustrated that good technical people
spend (I perceive it as waste, but that is subjective
and not fair) their time on these sort of
admin/bureaucratic/overhead/legal/organizational/etc
topics while we have so many technical work to do.

The example of recall is especially a case where we have
not had any recall in the whole life-time of IETF. So why
do we need to spend oodles of cycles on clarifying/more details/
long discussions/ theories/ etc etc on this topic?

Do we have a real problem here that needs to be solved?
I personally think NOT.

Yet we have a long queue of documents that need technical review.
I need to do that work. If people with time on their hands can
help me (and otehr ADs and other WGs (think cross-area review),
then PLEASE do offer your help!!!!!!!!!!!

Sooner is better than later in fact!!!!

Bert