Re: On revising 3777 as in draft-klensin-recall-rev-00

2005-11-16 13:47:13

--On Wednesday, 16 November, 2005 22:09 +0200 Jari Arkko
<jari(_dot_)arkko(_at_)piuha(_dot_)net> wrote:

Nevertheless, as the central proposal in John's draft appears
to be the inclusion of IESG/IAB in the potential signing
members
I still fail to see why this is necessary. If the issue is of
wide enough relevance and serious, the management surely
finds people (privately or publicly) that care enough to sign.

I think it is socially undesirable for IAB or IESG members to go
around in secret, finding people to sign things for them.  While
there is no way to avoid that should IESG or IAB members decide
they prefer that course of action, I'd much prefer to encourage
the people who actually have the complaints to come forward, in
public, and identify and explain them.   Sunshine just seems a
lot healthier to me than forcing people to organize conspiracies.

YMMD, of course.

     john