Re: On revising 3777 as in draft-klensin-recall-rev-00

2005-11-16 11:15:15
At 08:49 AM 11/16/2005, Harald Tveit Alvestrand wrote:

*** PGP SIGNATURE VERIFICATION ***
*** Signer:   Unknown Key (0xE598D05E)
*** Signed:   11/16/2005 8:49:35 AM
*** Verified: 11/16/2005 10:05:00 AM
*** BEGIN PGP VERIFIED MESSAGE ***

--On 16. november 2005 08:28 -0800 Lakshminath Dondeti <ldondeti(_at_)qualcomm(_dot_)com> wrote:

Someone else noted in a private conversation that the current nomcom (and
I added including the liaisons) should be excluded from signing recall
petitions.  What are others' thoughts on that?

I see no reason to; they won't be the nomcom that selects them.
The fewer special cases we have, the better - IMHO.

Right. Here is my line of thinking on that: The nomcom is a great place to tell secrets (almost like a confessional box); the nomcom members are at a disadvantage in that they can't go fact-checking on those secrets (confidentiality rules forbid them from doing so). If I were a petitioner, I'd find nomcom members to be good candidates to convince to sign my petition.

Lakshminath

*** END PGP VERIFIED MESSAGE ***