RE: RFCs should be distributed in XML (Was: Faux Pas --web publication in proprietary formats at ietf.org

2005-11-17 17:16:13
At 01:43 PM 11/17/2005, Hallam-Baker, Phillip wrote:
In OASIS the de facto document markup during the preparation of the
documents is Word. The principle reason for this is that Word allows for
changes to the document to be highlighted.

The ability to see the differences to the document is critical if you
want people to read it thoroughly more than once.

Try http://tools.ietf.org/wg/msec/draft-ietf-msec-gdoi/ (or plug in your favorite WG and draft name). The tools team has done an excellent job in providing capabilities that you mention above.

For intermediate versions (say for authors' use while revising I-Ds), http://tools.ietf.org/tools/rfcdiff/rfcdiff.pyht works quite well.

regards,
Lakshminath