Re: RFCs should be distributed in XML (Was: Faux Pas --web publication in proprietary formats at ietf.org

2005-11-17 17:53:59
Hallam-Baker, Phillip wrote:

In OASIS the de facto document markup during the preparation of the
documents is Word. The principle reason for this is that Word allows for
changes to the document to be highlighted.

I tried and found that, if I modify figures there is no highlightning.

Even if I remove or paste text boxes in figures, there is no
highlightening.

The ability to see the differences to the document is critical if you
want people to read it thoroughly more than once.

I'm afraid that with highlightning on changes, people read only the
changed part. A better way is to make the document short.

Anyway, you are saying figures are not critical part of the document,
aren't you?

If so, just use diff.

                                                        Masataka Ohta