Re: Community review requested of SOW for Secretariat and Meeting Services

2005-11-25 13:26:56

SOW draft looks good.

small suggestions:

The Parties agree to review the terms of this SOW within thirty (30) days
following each of the 65th and 66th IETF meetings to determine whether any modifications to this SOW may be required to reflect more accurately
the circumstances in which Work is being performed hereunder.

Given the strategic nature of this activity and the challenge of doing a
transition -- especially since we haven't done one in nearly 15
years -- having only 2, near-term reviews called for does not seem enough.

I suggest specifying quarterly reviews for the first year and annual reviews
after that, with public reporting of the review results.

e. Mailing Lists Services. ...  (iv)
commercially feasible spam filtering functions;

I do not know what "commercially feasible" means.

Perhaps this is supposed to be "commercial-grade", but even then I would not
know how to translate that into software or the like.

f. Archive Services.

This is all about storing, and nothing about retrieving.

IPv6 support. [Still under discussion] All on line services shall be available via IPv4 [or or and] IPv6.

[or or and] IPv6.  =>  and, where feasible, IPv6.

d/

--

Dave Crocker
Brandenburg InternetWorking