Re: [dhcwg] DHCP and FQDN conflicts [Re: Last Call: 'Resolution of FQDN Conflicts among DHCP Clients' to Proposed Standard]

2005-11-28 11:16:56
"Bernie" == Bernie Volz (volz) <volz(_at_)cisco(_dot_)com> writes:

    Bernie> For DHCPv6 servers, depending on policy (such as if it is
    Bernie> the only server or if there is a one address/client
    Bernie> policy) it may delete everything and add back those that
    Bernie> are current or may just do add/removes. It really all
    Bernie> depends on what the updater's policy is and whether it is
    Bernie> the only updater or not. I suspect that the DHCPv6 is more
    Bernie> likley to do adds/removes of individual RRs.

    Bernie> Do we really need to get into this level of specificity
    Bernie> around this?

You need to get sufficiently specific that in practice, the
implementation of this option is not influencing addressing plans.
For example if servers tend to get this wrong in a way that makes it
difficult for me to have multiple addresses for client then you were
not specific enough.

--Sam