RE: Printing IDs and RFCs (Was: Re: ASCII art)

Henrik

the URL http://tools.ietf.org/pdf/,
> so you can get pdf- conversions of our various documents.

<snip>

> Comments welcome.

Well, I have only one comment. This is great!
A simple script written once, saves effort time and again.

My only remaining wish is one that I have regarding the ID listings in
general,
namely that one has to know the updated version number
(in general I start at the last one I remember and start incrementing
until I get one that pops up).

It would be great if I could write
http://tools.ietf.org/pdf/draft-ietf-pwe3-satop

true.

You mean something like http://draft-ietf-pwe3-satop.potaroo.net?

Or  maybe you might want something like http://draft-ietf-pwe3.potaroo.net?

Or maybe http://rfc3985.potaroo.net?

and it would automatically determine that the latest version is 03
and redirect to
http://tools.ietf.org/pdf/draft-ietf-pwe3-satop-03.pdf

well maybe you should have an intermediate point before heading off into pdf-ville

Geoff