Re: EARLY submission deadline - Fact or Fiction?

2005-11-29 12:33:46

        1) Allow the Secretariat time to post all on-time submissions;

As I recall, this was the primary reason for originally imposing the limit.

That is why I explicitly stated the requirement that automated I-D processing be supported.

        2) Allow for some time to read the IDs before the meeting.

A working group can decide what the limit for this. As with so many other potential abuses by a working group, the cognizant AD can decide when the working group is misbehaving on this matter.

Note:

I think folks often miss the costs of specifying particular procedures. Having an approval hierarchy is an enormously expensive design and we have ADs that are already vastly overworked. (The Secretariat also is not exactly twiddling its thumbs.)

d/
--

Dave Crocker
Brandenburg InternetWorking