RE: EARLY submission deadline - Fact or Fiction?

2005-11-29 13:22:03
Dave,

        I think we're close to agreement here, however there are
(at least) two levels/kinds of enforcement involved in what we
are talking about.  One - the enforcement of policy regarding
posting to the Internet Draft depository - has to be done by the
Secretariat.  The other - enforcement of what gets discussed in
the WG meeting -  is not even an option for the Secretariat.

        I suppose they could put spies in the meetings and schedule
a much smaller room at the next meeting, if they don't like what
is being discussed in any meeting - but I frankly doubt the have
time, or inclination, to do that.

        What tends to happen in practice (that I've observed) is
that the posting policy usually guides the discussion policy.
Otherwise, there are too many variations in policy and no common
place to find out which one applies where.

        If we agree that having the WG chair - possibly with some
form of guidance from the AD - decide when exceptions may apply
to the discussion policy, then we have essentially agreed to what
is already status quo.

        Nice chatting with you.  :-)

--
Eric