Re: EARLY submission deadline - Fact or Fiction?

2005-11-29 14:36:21
There is an aspect of the deadline that is helpful for me, even when the deadline is not rigidly enforced. The presence of the deadline means that the bulk of I-Ds are in by the deadline, and are out by not too long after the deadline. This means that I can collect announcements for I-Ds of interest and have time to read the I-Ds across most of the range of working groups that I try to stay current on. If working groups as a matter of course published I-Ds within a few days of the meeting, it would be almost impossible for me to read most of what I need to in order to be an informed participant.

Yours,
Joel