Re: EARLY submission deadline - Fact or Fiction?

2005-11-29 12:56:58
On Tue, Nov 29, 2005 at 10:10:39AM -0800, Dave Crocker wrote:
If I understand correctly, you want to retain a deadline, but give the wg
chair authority to override it.  This certainly is reasonable, but I think
it is not practical because it adds administrative overhead (and probably
delay) in the Internet-Drafts processing mechanism.

A simpler rule is that the working group gets to decide its deadlines and
what will be discussed at the meeting.  (All of this is predicated on
moving towards fully automated I-D issuance.)

If I understand the two choices you present are:

    1) the wg has to decide to overrule a default deadline;
    2) the wg has to decide on all of its own deadlines.

It seems to me (granted I have limited experience) that the administrative
overhead is actually higher in the second case -- frequently it is simplifies
things to just have a default case.

Kent

--
Kent Crispin
kent(_at_)icann(_dot_)org    p: +1 310 823 9358  f: +1 310 823 8649