Re: EARLY submission deadline (Re: XML2RFC submission (was Re: ASCII art))

2005-12-05 06:57:54
Doug Royer wrote:

Brian E Carpenter wrote:

Doug Royer wrote:

...  It does no good to discuss text that almost everyone
already knows has problems.

...it was created to ensure that everyone in the room is
actually discussing the same thing.

Yes.

Perhaps something like SVN could be available. I can 'check in'
versions and people could quickly diff them.

I use http://tools.ietf.org/tools/rfcdiff/rfcdiff.pyht
very frequently.

This of course would make old versions of the draft available which
I feel is useful when you do not remember why something is changed.

I seem to recall that this list discussed if old draft versions should
be removed or kept.

Many times...

I do not remember the results.

There's never been a clear consensus on that, and it would in some
interpretations be a formal change to the RFC 2026 standards process.
But being a pragmatist, I also use http://tools.ietf.org/id/
very frequently.

    Brian