Re: Baby Steps (was RE: Alternative formats for IDs)

2006-01-06 11:12:09
  *> >
  *> >     I just took a quick peek at the RFCs and there does not appear
  *> > to be a single example of a version that is not in text format.  I
  *> > don't know if that is because they are not stored in the same place,
  *> > or they are not carried forward as part of the publishing process.
  *>

You must not be looking at the official RFC repository maintained by
the RFC Editor.  For Unix fans, looking at the ~in-notes directory:

31% ls -al rfc*.ps|wc
      55     440    3127
32% ls -al rfc*.pdf|wc
      54     432    3124

That is, there are 55 Postscript RFCs and 54 PDF RFCs (they don't
exactly match because some early Postscript files could not be
converted to PDF).

Bob Braden