Re: Normative figures

2006-01-09 12:08:18
Hi.  With the exception of packet diagrams, I think all the examples
you bring up benefit significantly from clear textual description.  I
believe I'd think that even if I could see the diagrams and I believe
I have enough experience with visualization (although not sight) to be
confident in that belief.

As such, I don't believe these diagrams should be normative.

I actually thin that many of the tunnel overlay network documents
(PWE3, L2VPN, L3VPN) could benefit significantly from more focus on
the text of the descriptions of situations being described.

If you believe that normative documents are required, I'd like you to
explain why the diagrams cannot be described in the text, why doing so
would decrease the quality of the specification, or why doing so would
not be a useful investment in our time.