Accessibility issues affecting IETF document format choices

2006-01-09 10:10:57

Mmm.  I have some significant accessibility concerns with that if you
expect me to review the documents.  I think that's a small (although
probably impossible at the current point) matter of technology.

Sam,

Thank you for raising this basic point. Since the IETF seeks the widest possible availability for its documents, it might help discussion about format choices to understand how your ability to review documents is affected.

For starters, what sorts of things about the *current* IETF document format make your reviewing easier or more difficult?

(Given the discussion that triggered this note, specific comments on figures and formulas would be helpful. I will add my own curiosity about the extent to which punctuation choices aid or hinder review.)

d/

--

Dave Crocker
Brandenburg InternetWorking