Re: I-D ACTION:draft-palet-ietf-meeting-venue-selection-criteria-04.txt

2006-01-22 06:43:04
While I applaud the sentiment, I believe as written this is an unfortunate and undesirable constraint.
Something along the lines of:
The IETF should endevour to choose venues where all participants who choose to can attend the meeting
would seem to capture the goal as a goal.

Yours,
Joel M. Halpern

At 04:01 AM 1/22/2006, Brian E Carpenter wrote:
>  Meetings should not be held in countries where some
>  attendees could
>   be disallowed entry or where freedom of speech is not
>  guaranteed for all participants.

This is a very important issue as we consider visiting countries we've never
visited before and as visa regulations change in countries we have been
to often. It would be very useful to know how more people feel we should
tune these criteria.

   Brian