Should we ban people who say they will appeal a WG Chair decision

2006-01-23 21:05:57
Dear Joel,
I am afraid you rebuild the rules while I respect them. A WG Chair is not God the Father. In its wisdom the IETF has devised an appeal mechanism. I oppose positions of a WG-Chair and of a Mailing List Owner. So, I use and respect that mechanism. I always respected its decisions. All my action is precisely to force these decisions when they are missing, so we can respect them. Do you deny me that right?

The current action against me seems to have been launched to interferes with a peaceful consideration of two long time annouced appeals, one now with the IESG over RFC 3066 Bis; and one with the IAB, over the ethic and usage impact and the documentation of the Multilingual Internet. Amusingly removing or limiting my rights of appeal was one of the first propositions. The IETF would lose every technical credibility. It would become the publisher of the bigger.

As you say, I said the involved questions are important enough to call for a decision by the IAB in the technical areas, and of the other appropriate appeal entities in the areas of applications. Do you object that too? The IAB Chair has indicated the IAB will respond. The IESG works on the other very seriously as far as I know, from the questions they ask. These appeals and my responses not only fully state that I will respect the final IAB (IESG) decisions, but explain how.

I suggest that you do as Marshall. Consult the archives and read the appeals. Then speak the thruth. I am supposed to be out off-topic in an engineering group? Show me off-topic! My positions are documented by two technical documents on the IAB and the IESG sites and are seriously considered. Yet I have not heard a ***_single_ *** technical objection. Should not the first question, even before my liberty of speach, be if I am right?

http://iab.org/appeals/2006-01-04-jefsey-appeal.pdf
http://ietf.org/IESG/APPEALS/jefsey-morfin-appeal.txt

We are not here to waste time in childish disputes. Should I appeal the IESG against my last ietf-languages(_at_)alvestrand(_dot_)no last ban? SHould I question the COI of some IESG Members? We are to document the best solutions for the Internet designers, users and managers. I do not feel that this thread remembers that.

All the best
jfc