Re: John Cowan supports 3683 PR-action against Jefsey Morfin

2006-01-23 21:40:19
Joel M. Halpern writes:

Assuming I have properly understood Mr. Morfin's email, the best argument I
have seen for permitting all IETF email list adminsitrators to ban him as
they deem necessary is his own description of his behavior.

Mr. Morfin appears to have stated that if he feels an opinion is important
he will push for it (as he should.)  He has also indicated that he will
keep pushing for it on any and all mailing lists even after the working
group chair has determined that a rough consensus exists.

If I have understood his postings in this discussion correctly, Mr. Morfin
has specifically indicated that he intends to behave in ways that are not
in accord with the rules.  It seems to me that the sensible response to a
notice of intended misbehavior is to be prepared to respond immediately and
directly to such behavior.

The proposed action specifically gives the list managers / chairs that
necessary authority in the light of Mr. Morfin's exhibited and asserted
behavior.

Replace "Mr. Morfin" with "Dr. King" and see how it sounds.