Re: I-D ACTION:draft-ash-alt-formats-01.txt

2006-01-31 14:50:44
Ash, Gerald R (Jerry), ALABS wrote:

.pdf version available at
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ash-alt-formats-01.pdf.

My AcroReader 3 says "Colorspace "csfi" konnte nicht gefunden
werden" (cannot find colourspace 'csfi' or similar).  Then it
gave me the option to ignore further errors, I confirmed this.

Sure like hell the one thing I don't see are the two important
non-ASCII-art versions of the example figures on (PDF) pages 5
and 7.

Many of those in support of PDF said that the experiment has to
identify a minimal subset of required features.  Whatever this
might be, "colourspace 'csfi'" (or similar) isn't a part of it.

We look forward to your comments and suggestions.

Maybe use OpenOffice to create the PDF, so far that apparaently
always worked from my POV.  Specify which PDF features you want
to allow.  Make sure that "csfi" (or similar) isn't a part of
this minimal subset.

Consider a maximum size, your text/plain has about 18 KB, the
PDF has 113 (?) KB.  Above 1 MB I'd simply refuse to download
it.  Unless I desperately want it or somebody tells me that it
should work against all odds.
                               Bye, Frank