RE: I-D ACTION:draft-ash-alt-formats-01.txt

2006-01-31 17:05:24
Aside from the issues already raised on the list, I see some other problems.

First and foremost, if the input format is PDF, how will the RFC Editor edit the document? PDF documents are not editable.

Secondarily, as a lesser matter, for the WG / Documents that get selected for the experiment, can you indicate what composition tools (editors) are likely to be suitable for producing this? Are we going to be requiring that the document editors for those documents have and use word? (Or Open Doc, or ...) Or are we expecting them to find their own tools to participate in the experiment?

Thirdly, it would probably be a good idea to have greater clarity on judging success. If the WG loved it, and the IETF list is divided, and ... which condition is most important, and why? Given that the impact of this experiment is quite broad, I think that clarity on the judgement is important.

Yours,
Joel M. Halpern