Re: IAB Response to Appeal from Jefsey Morfin

2006-01-31 17:10:50
IAB,

Thank you for the processing of this request.

However, this mailing list maintainer is now completely uncertain about what his marching orders are with regards to continuing to administer the ietf-languages list.

The IAB seems to have decided that it's the IESG that has to decide this; there is nothing else in the decision of the IAB that is clear to me.

Until the IESG hands me a new decision, I will continue to administer the ietf-languages list as if RFC 3683 was appropriate guidance for administering it, including upholding the current suspension of posting rights for Jefsey Morfin until February 13, 2006.

The alternatives would be to declare that I'm making up the rules on my own, or to declare that the list has no rules until the IESG decides; the last interpretation is not one I'm willing to run a list under.

(Yes, he's gotten suspended again.)

                   Harald Alvestrand