Re: IAB Response to Appeal from [...]

2006-01-31 20:58:32
JFC (Jefsey) Morfin wrote:

I hope this list will soon be a IANA managed mailing list,
or that the IESG requires the WG-ltru to gives it a more
precise status through RFC 3066 bis (a debate I proposed
and I was denied).

That's of course not the case, it was debated for quite some
time in "the making of 30066bis":

<http://mid.gmane.org/42B0A3A6(_dot_)7694(_at_)xyzzy(_dot_)claranet(_dot_)de>
<http://mid.gmane.org/42B32C25(_dot_)1466(_at_)xyzzy(_dot_)claranet(_dot_)de>

Just two examples grepping for "3934" in an LTRU archive.

I consider that Harald and I are both only trying to do our
best to clarify a complex issue to the benefit of the users
and of the IETF. I genuinely hope the IAB decision will help
us to openly discuss it, taking the necessary time.

Whatever it takes.  I like a new IAB draft published recently:
<http://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-iab-idn-nextsteps-02>
--
Frank