Re: "too many notes" -- a modest proposal

2006-01-31 16:07:57
Brian E Carpenter wrote:

Eliot Lear wrote:

Douglas Otis wrote:

I suspect that at the moment, I am the guilty party in consuming
bandwidth on the DKIM list.  With the aggressive schedule, the
immediate desire was to get issues listed, corrected, and in a form
found acceptable.

Without going into all the reasons why here, I asked Doug to separate
out issues into separate messages.

Exactly. If a WG group is discussing a dozen separate issues in parallel,
an active participant can easily send several dozen *constructive*
messages in a day. Our problem with disruptive messages can't be solved
by counting bytes.

Is there really a working group that can realistically deal
with a dozen separate issues in parallel? I know that when I
see a dozen or so issues posted to a mailing list, my eyes
glaze...

                Mike