Re: "too many notes" -- a modest proposal

2006-01-25 14:54:16
On 01/25/2006 16:12, Steve Silverman wrote:
It seems to me that limiting users to 3 messages / day (perhaps with a
maximum number of bytes) would be a
minimal impact on free speech but would limit the damage done by
overly productive transmitters. This could be limited to users  who
are nominated to a "limit" list by many users.  How difficult this
would be to implement on the message exploders is another question.

Steve Silverman

This rule was in place during MARID, although there were no technical
restrictions, just reminders from the chairs.

It seemed to me at the time that the rule had the least effect on those that
needed it most (myself included at times).

Scott Kitterman