Re: "too many notes" -- a modest proposal

2006-01-26 15:43:15
Andy Bierman writes:

If we did this, our mailing lists would be bombarded with SPAM
from non-subscribers.

Then accept e-mail only from subscribers.

There is an appeals process (of that we are too painfully aware)
that can be used for people who are told by a WG Chair that
they are using the mailing list in an inappropriate manner, and still
insist on continuing their behavior.

It's still subject to human bias.

I have found that only the worst managers deal with
bad apples by burdening the entire group with oppressive rules.

I agree.  But managers who apply oppressive rules selectively are just
as bad.