Re: "too many notes" -- a modest proposal

2006-01-25 21:55:26
Anthony G. Atkielski wrote:

Andy Bierman writes:

I do not share your regulatory zeal.
As a WG Chair and WG participant, I have enough rules to follow already.
The last thing I want to do is count messages and bytes, and enforce
draconian rules like this.

But counting messages and bytes happens to be something that can be
easily automated, and it can be applied with absolute consistency to
everyone, without prejudice.  Of course, those are exactly the reasons
why many people would reject the idea--they want to keep other people
from posting, but they also fear being prevented from posting
themselves.

I think you missed my point.
I should have said "enforce or abide by draconian rules".
Automating the process is even worse.
Then stupid scripts disrupt WG activity on a regular basis.
Inappropriate mailing list use should be dealt with by the
WG Chair(s) in a more diplomatic manner.

Andy