Re: STRAW PROPOSAL RFC Editor charter

2006-03-17 00:11:28
Carl,

my impression as a bystander is that the IETF has decided that sole source contracts (where only one contractor is permitted to bid) are, in general, a Bad Idea.

The Secretariat contract had very special circumstances, which caused it to be sole sourced, but I interpreted the words from Leslie's timeline:

May 7 2006[IASA]
        Request for Vendor Expressions of Interest

to mean a public request, where more than one organization is welcome to show interest.

Continuity has value, but I think it is up to the IASA to determine how continuity is weighted against other factors.

        Harald (who has only public knowledge at this point)